Monday 30 September 2013

"Painting by Numbers" by Tom Gillespie: Review


I bought a book for £1.99 and it was brilliant. "Painting by Numbers" by Tom Gillespie is one of the best things I've read in a while and really got me back into reading
(I forget it exists as a pastime, especially when the internet has so many delights). It's a great psychological thriller and as someone who prides themselves on guessing twist endings, I did not see it coming. It has an art historical theme (like the Da Vinci Code but Spanish) which appealed as that is what I am studying at Uni. He blends together some fascinating art historical concepts in a way that is eminently digestible for both the enthusiast and novice. Honestly I couldn't put it down! A great holiday read but be warned, once you start you can't stop.
If you're interested it is available on Crooked Cat.com. I bought the EPUB version as I'm alternative, but there are kindle and hard copies available as well as a whole bunch of other great reads. Go check them out and if you enjoy give them lovely reviews on Good Reads and on their website as Crooked Cat is an up and coming company to watch.
Thanks for reading!
What are your favourite psychological thrillers? I'm on the hunt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment